Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great Minds of FACEBOOK


"The likes of a great mind is not so rare as so many would tend to believe. It is the common recognition of such a mind that is truly rare." ~Jeffrey Brandt

It was these words that inspired me to write this blog post. I have been on Facebook for just a little over a year now. I find Facebook to be a valuable resource for inspiration. Every time I log on I find a plethora of very well known quotes that were meant to inspire, and they do.

As my friend list has grown, I find myself increasingly inspired by the many things they write on their walls to share with others as well. I'm not talking about the icons of great thought. These words I am referring to were not written by anybody we might consider to be famous, but the words obviously came from a place of inspired thought.

I do spend a good amount of time simply thinking about life, about people and how we all interact with each other and with the world. We can see things going well or we can see things falling apart, with equal ease. There is almost overwhelming evidence to prove either view of the world.

On the one side there are the wars, the economy, the social injustice and corruption. On the other side there is this thing called social networking that offers the ability for us to come together with practically anybody anywhere. It was just recently that Facebook has celebrated breaking the 500 million mark. Think about that one. Only China and India have a greater population than Facebook!

And this population is so very diverse. My own list of friends in Facebook is but the smallest of samples, but I am happy with who I have attracted and who I have been attracted to. This blog post is dedicated to a few of these friends who were so kind as to share with me their wise words of advice.

Annie Caskey said "You must love yourself." What a beautiful concept for anybody to experience. Self-love is where it all begins.

Maria Isabel Zipagan said "The worst handicap of a man is not knowing what his worth is. Awareness is a tool to succeed." This brings to mind something I once wrote for my daughter when she was just two months old: "Get to know yourself, and you will come to know a Miracle!"

This is a key to growing yourself in life. As Joella Hermans so wonderfully puts it: "Love yourself and take good care of yourself with pure self-respect. All the layers of education and upbringing by others will systematically peel off, and pure Source-energy will appear!"

Wow! That is powerful. And Heide Hoffman shared with me: "Realize who you are and love yourself as God's creature. Let your Giveaways be filled with love. Whatever you do, do it with 100% attention."

You know the truth is the more of yourself you give to others, the more you, yourself, become. A part of you is carried on in every person you have given yourself to.

Living by these words, you will ease your own way to living a more abundant and successful life because you will be living a life of love. This is important because life can at times feel quite challenging.

Bobby Bautista gave us some great advice when he said "Living is like going through an obstacle course. You have to be fit and determined to reach your goal. If you give up on any of these obstacles, you won't succeed."

Abdul Rahman Kota lets us know to be careful with our attitude when he says: "Happy and peaceful feelings will become your obstacle to success if those feelings are not interconnected with your ultimate goal." I like the idea of binding positive feelings with the outcome you wish to reach or attain. This really is a key to getting there.

An excellent key to maintain focus and determination is to use affirmations as Tami Carroll suggests: "I AM overflowing with joy and gratitude. All is well." I love this one!

Tami Carroll also explains how to use your affirmations: "Write it down. Be specific. Read it 3 times a day. Keep it a secret. Believe. It works!"

And Lynn Albers speaks with the perfect level of self confidence when she states: "I can because I do." I have much respect for Lynn not only as a Facebook friend, but I am privileged to know her as a personal friend as well.

Anna Kubicka's words made me smile deeply inside. "Success means to me the satisfaction of my soul and the heart beat of my HAPPY HEART. Accomplished purpose of life or making one of my goals of life = HAPPY."

Stella Routis wants us to remember we are one with others when she says: "Compassion towards all beings on earth brings the very purpose of life, which is happiness." These are among the wisest words I've heard ever.

Focus is so important to getting the results we want out of life. Listen these other words of Abdul Rahman Kota: "If you plant flowers you can make a beautiful garden, but by planting different kinds of flowers, you may end up making a jungle."

And Bobby Bautista emphasizes: "Your thoughts mold you; your deeds reveal your intrinsic being."

I've long considered Wayne Davis to be a great thinker. He shared with me: "Success is not thinking about success, as it only represents an arbitrary interpretation by an ego that doesn't really exist." He then added: "I suppose if I was going to give credence to a measure of success though, it would be based on how much of your life you give away to others." I am always pleased by reading the words of Wayne.

Finally, I saved the best for last. My daughter who will turn Thirteen this month wanted to add her thoughts to this post. I just love the way she thinks and I have no idea where she gets it!

"Just follow your heart. Everything else will fall into place if you listen to the voice inside you, not to the criticism outside." ~Naomi Brandt (Age 12)

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and PLEASE share the link on your Facebook page if you enjoyed it.

Jeffrey Brandt
Author of Close Your Eyes to Find Your Way.

All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts. If you enjoy the content of this blog, you can find more by Jeffrey Brandt by visiting My Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.