Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Discovering Your Ideal Scene


I learned an incredibly powerful technique from Marc Allen’s book, The Millionaire Course. Marc Allen is a cofounder of New World Library out in Novato, California. He has also written several very simple and easy to follow books on creating the life of your dreams. His strong point, I would say, is in showing you how to create your “Ideal Scene.” From this point you can begin your journey with very easy steps.

What I learned from Marc was this technique: Imagine your life in five years time. Imagine that everything goes exactly as you want it to. You are successful in every way. You have all the money you could want. You have an easy and relaxed lifestyle, if that is what you want. Your relationships are perfect, and you are happy with every aspect of your life. This is your “Ideal Scene.”

Write your ideal scene down on a sheet or two of paper and read through it often. The idea is that when you do read through your ideal scene, you should be able to pick out a list of specific goals. You then need to write these goals down on another sheet of paper.

When you read through these goals, pay attention to how they are written. You will want to edit them to write them in a positive manner. You will also want to write them in the present tense. And make them very specific. Example:


Original: “I want to lose weight.”
Positive: “I want to be thin.”
Present tense: “I am thin.”
Specific: “I weigh exactly 120lbs.”


What you have done here is created an affirmation. An affirmation is a statement you can repeat often to help condition your mind to making the change you want. Now to be honest with you, the use of affirmations is not without controversy as to their effectiveness. In fact, there are many experts who feel they do very little to help modify our behavior. I guess what I will say is this; try it to see if it works for you. You really have nothing to lose in trying.

One thing you might try to make your affirmation a little more believable is put the tense into present progressive.

Example: “I am quickly reaching my ideal weight of 120lbs.”

Anyway, back to Marc Allen’s advice. Use these affirmations for a while until ideas begin to surface in your consciousness. These ideas may be possible plans you can use to bring yourself closer to your goals. Notice I said “closer” to your goals. That is because this becomes a process. It will take time, but your momentum may increase as you move closer to completion of your goals.

I know this may seem like a very simplified version. I agree. This is not something most people just grab a hold of and run with it. But it is a start. This is actually how I first started. My results were not very spectacular at all either. It would be much later that I began to learn some things that would help my journey take off like a rocket.

You can be sure you will learn much in the following blogs. See you soon!

Thank you and be blessed,

Jeffrey Brandt



All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.