Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Eccentricity

I am an eccentric, no doubt. I am in love with life and I love to experiences what few ever have. Learning new things is the payment received for investing in new experiences. New experiences bring growth. I thrive on growth because growth keeps an active mind. An active mind is an open mind. An open mind is the best tool to have in overcoming obstacles. It breaks paradigms. And breaking paradigms to overcome obstacles is the surest way to feel good. I have suffered, but I see suffering as that which helps us to appreciate what we have been through.

I don't fear pain. I don't seek it either. I accept it as it comes, and I know that within it lies another lesson. To me, life is the lesson. Learn it well, and you may feel good always, even as you are suffering.

Equally important to personal growth is to seek the opportunity to share your growth, your experiences, with others. This is, perhaps, the greatest gift you can give to others. And giving, I see as the best expression of your being alive. Give everything of yourself, without reserve. You can never run out. The more of yourself that you give to others, the more you, yourself, become. A part of you is carried on in all whose lives you touch, both now and through generations to come. Remember this when you are dealing with others. Always give the very best of yourself.

As giving to others is important remember, tolerance must be included. The world is full of individuals. Each individual is another world in the making. Grant each person the sovereignty to be his or her self. This is the true meaning of giving. As our reality is revealed to us in its own time, so is the reality of every other individual. You cannot make a flower bloom early, and you cannot keep that flower from blooming without killing it.

We are all on a journey, made unique for each one of us. This is where it all comes back to having an open mind. Do not judge. Keep your mind open and keep on growing in your own right. Finally, keep on sharing yourself with tolerance for those whose experiences are still different from your own.

This was excerpted from my book, Close Your Eyes to Find Your Way. It is copyrighted material but you are welcome to share this link with others. If you enjoy this blog, show it by supporting my book.


Thank you.

To your journey,

Jeff Brandt



All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.