Monday, August 23, 2010

Is it really a dream?

Whoever said dreams are free never truly dreamed.



I heard once when I was young the saying "Dreams are free, so why not dream big?" This phrase caught my attention. I liked the sound of it, and I often repeated it throughout my life. I guess I liked it because I always had "big dreams."


Well, life has a way of changing our perspectives if we live it consciously. This past year has been one of phenomenal growth for myself. I could hardly have imagined the things that were to happen to me, had someone told me one year ago where I would be today, and I do know now that this is just the beginning of what is becoming a grand journey.


I can't say that I believe dreams are free any longer. I think this phrase rather belongs to fantasies. I've come to see a dream as something quite different. I'd like to share with you the definition of a dream as I've come to know it.


A dream has substance, mass, and according to physics, anything with mass also has gravity. It draws other objects towards it. I believe a dream has the force to draw you into it, if you get anywhere near it, as in seriously contemplating its possibilities.


What I mean to say in that it draws you into it is that a true dream will compel you to act. It pushes you to dwell upon it in thought, plan it out, live it in your mind and open yourself to opportunities to bring it into manifested form. This is the price of a dream.


If you want your dream, as you should, you will pay any price in terms of your time, energy, and resources. If you do pay the price, you can be sure the reward will be far greater than any price you could pay to attain it. This is what makes a dream valuable.


And this is what separates a dream from mere fantasy. Everybody has fantasies. A good number of people have dreams. It is only the most courageous that decide to go after their dreams and give themselves to paying the price.


If that thing that calls you to action is in fact a dream, you will know because it will swallow your fear as you begin to move toward it. You will still feel fear, but your dream will gain strength greater than your fear. It will excite you. When your faith in the dream becomes sufficiently strong, you will find that it also excites others.


This is when the real fun begins. Do you have a dream? Decide to pay the price. Decide to give your time, energy, and resources to it without holding back. Allow yourself to catch fire with it. Feed it by dwelling on it throughout your day. Open yourself to every opportunity and jump at the chance to show your faith by taking action when you are inspired to do so.


You may pay a hefty price, if your dream is worthy. But I can assure you, that you will never regret it. Give yourself to your dream and your dream will set you free. Free in a way that you never before knew. With love as the fuel, you will live each day a little better than the day before.



Whoever said dreams are free had not a dream, but a fantasy.



I want YOU to succeed!!



Jeffrey Brandt

Author of Close Your Eyes to Find Your Way: A Guide to Discovering Your Higher Self.






All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts. If you enjoy the content of this blog, you can find more by Jeffrey Brandt by visiting my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.