Friday, March 26, 2010

How I Found Success with Rice Krispies®

I remember when I was very young, My favorite thing for breakfast was a bowl of Rice Krispies®. I didn’t like white milk much, but I loved chocolate milk. I got the idea to put chocolate milk over my Rice Krispies®. Mmmm, that was delicious! I even came up with a name for my little invention. I called it choco Krispies.

I was quite satisfied with my little idea, until a few years later. I saw something that literally shocked me. I was with my mother at the grocery store when I saw right there on the shelf “my” new cereal! They had changed the name to Cocoa Krispies®. It was simply Rice Krispies® with the chocolate already added to the mix. You simply had to add white milk and watch it turn into chocolate milk. I suppose this kind of shows my age, but it brings up a point that I would like to make.

How many times have you looked around at stories of success and thought to yourself, “I could’ve thought of that or I could’ve done that.” Well you know you’re not alone on that one. This thought is quite common. And the thing is it is true. You could have!

So why don’t people jump on ideas when they have the chance? The answers may vary greatly, but what it usually comes down to is a lack of confidence in that they can actually do anything about it. In my case, I was just a kid. But these things continue to happen to me as well as to many others I believe.

Ideas are not really that rare. What is rare is the person who takes the idea and runs with it. Now we may not know exactly how to get an idea from inside our head out into the real world, but this doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Maybe I should’ve at least written a letter to the Kellogg’s® company to explain to them my idea when I first came up with it. My future childhood may have been quite different. Who knows?

Anyway, that opportunity has come and gone, as have many others. I still have a few ideas. But you can bet I’m working on them now. In fact this blog was one of them. When I started I had dreams of grandeur in store for sure. I keep telling myself I’m already famous. It’s just that the world hasn’t found out just yet. But I’ll be here, still plugging away at my blog.

On a more serious note, some ideas may take some time, or money, or other resources. But I can assure you, with the right mindset, you will find whatever it is you need to make it happen. What most really lack is not any of the above. These things can be had if we can only find the confidence in ourselves and in our ideas to go after them. The next time an idea comes your way, what are you going to do?

If you want to do something about it, but don’t know where to start, simply ask around. Somebody will at the very least be able to point you in a direction that brings you closer. From there you continue to do the same. Do this again and again and again if you have to. And above all, be ready to act when you have found what action to take.

If you have nobody to ask, ask me! I’ll be happy to do what I can to help someone attain success, if they are really serious about making it. And I won’t even ask for a cut! I’ll be happy just to be of assistance.

By the way, just as an aside, I moved to Mexico a while back. And while I was there, do you know what I saw? They have this same cereal. But what was interesting to me was that they call it Choco Krispies! I found my home. Until next time, this is Jeffrey Brandt.


Thank you!



All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember reading this story of yours before. Excellent example of how a dream, an idea, and/or a feeling can become real--by someone else who might make Choco Krspies! It happens a lot! And some people are flattered but others are miffed. Well, I guess the moral of the story is if ya gotta an idea, ya might wanna try to sell it! And then you open up a whole 'nother bundle of problems. . . I mean, ever try to sell enlightenment? I'm such a scamp! ;) Love, Ilene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilene,

      I appreciate your comment, and yes, if anything, this should teach us to take action on inspired ideas when they do touch us. You never know!

      Delete

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.