Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Test

Do yourself a favor!


When you study in school or in a university, you learn your lessons, and then you expect a test before receiving your prize, whether this prize be a title or diploma. When you begin studying the Law of Attraction, you might just as well expect the same treatment. You learn all about visualizing your goal and taking action. You also learn the importance of persistence. You learn there will be road blocks, but that you can overcome them with persistence.


Why is it then that so many learn well the necessary lessons, but then give up when the real test becomes evident in their experience? They run into a few road blocks and decide it’s too much work. Remember your lessons! Persistence is the one quality that when lacking brings people to shipwreck more than any other. They give up too soon to see real physical results manifest in their lives.


Know that you will be tested. You expect it in other areas of your life. You might as well know that this area will be no different. Prepare yourself with confidence to follow through no matter what. Know that after the test, you will come out with more than you ever had before.


Many people who have seen programs like The Secret get mislead by the positive energy of these shows. That positive energy is a very necessary element to activating the Law of Attraction. The more positive your energy, the more powerful you attract to you what it is you are seeking, however, what you are seeking will not likely come to you without your going through feelings of self-doubt or other negative emotions.


The key is to recognize this likely scenario and be ready for it. If and when your energy begins to drop, make sure you realize that allowing it to drop is not only going to stop the attractive force you were generating, it may also begin to repel what it is you were seeking.


If the negative energy you feel becomes too much for you to put off, at the very least, make a conscious decision that you will only take a break from your efforts long enough to experience what you really sense that is negative until you can work your way through it. Then you will get right back to attracting again! And follow through.


The idea is to sustain your positive energy indefinitely. When you see the teachers in the film The Secret, they appear as if their lives are simply wonderful every day. I can easily imagine that they are also. There may very well be a few bumps along the way every now and then, but nothing will bring them down for more than a short while.


I say this based on my own experience. I’ve seen a dramatic shift in my own energy that began several years ago. This shift was slow at first, but soon began to accelerate when I did decide that I was going to be positive on a continual basis. When I could not keep myself positive, for whatever reason, I simply made a deal with myself as I stated above.


I consciously decided that I would give in but only for a short time because I knew that being negative would not help me. The interesting thing was that when I began making this deal with myself my periods of feeling down dramatically decreased in both intensity and frequency. I felt more like I was in control even when I wasn’t in total control.


Very soon after, I noticed myself not being bothered by people or situations that would have driven me crazy with negative energy before. So please, give this idea some thought and see if it is something you might want to try. Consider it an experiment. Consider it a test. I am confident you will be pleasantly surprised.



Love your life experience,

Jeffrey Brandt

Author of Close Your Eyes to Find Your Way: A Guide to Discovering Your Higher Self.








All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts. If you enjoy the content of this blog, you can find more by Jeffrey Brandt by visiting Jeffrey Brandt Products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.