Thursday, May 27, 2010

What if I don't reach my goals?

Even if I don’t reach all of my goals in life, I can honestly say life itself is a wonderful experience. I don’t see in terms of success or failure as most would define or recognize it. I see the experience in and of itself as success.



Everything we set out to do will bring some result. That result may not always be the same result we had originally hoped for but there is a result. It is how we choose to view this result, as something of value or otherwise that determines whether we would call it success or failure.


With this point of view, any experience can be seen as successful. We may gain knowledge, experience or wisdom. This, I find to have a more lasting value than the dollars, which would definitely be nice to have but not necessarily my primary objective in life. My goal, as anybody’s, is only to have security.


Many like to believe that money is security, but what do they do when they do have money? They immediately look to experience; what new experiences can they partake in now that they have the money to use? Personally, I don’t feel I have ever lacked in experiencing new and different things in my life and I have never been what I would consider to be wealthy.


I guess what I am trying to say is relax, and enjoy the journey. Don’t put your life on hold waiting to enjoy the arrival to your ultimate destination. The arrival only lasts a moment and it’s gone. There is much more to see and do along the way and much more to enjoy, if you truly live each moment along the way.


Self-improvement is the mile marker of life. It lets you know how far you have come along. This is the key to feeling secure. Every new experience in life is an opportunity to improve ourselves. Happiness is not something to achieve in life. Life is something we achieve in happiness.


If it were up to me to create one law that would take the place of all laws, it would have to be one simple word:



Love



Love others. Love yourself. Love life or God. Love every moment, every experience. Just, love. That’s all.


If I could give one gift to anybody, it would have to be the gift of faith. Faith can answer all prayers. Faith can change lives. If we believe in anything long enough and strongly enough, we will attain it. Have no doubt.


There are so many things in life that I want. Most anything in life, I may have. But this doesn’t really matter to me because I have all that I need, and that is faith. When I speak of having faith, what I am trying to convey is a most complete feeling of freedom. I want as much as anybody, if not more. However, I am able to separate myself from that which I possess. I see my life as a learning experience.


Given what I know now, I look back on my life and see that there are many things I would like to have done differently. But I have no regrets for doing those things the way I did. I didn’t lose anything in doing these things the way I did. They only resulted in ways I didn’t necessarily expect or desire. But I gained experience of things I may not have had, had I gone a different way. That is the essence of life for me.


I have never felt of myself as a failure, simply because I have learned from those experiences. By learning from our experiences we retain a lesson that cannot be taken from us. Use your experiences, both good and bad, to provide for your future, and you succeed. You will only better the quality of your existence. Your standing with others can benefit with good experiences. Your self-esteem or your character is the benefactor with not-so-good experiences, providing you take to heart the lesson therein.


Freedom is feeling good about your self. It is, knowing you are not a slave to your emotions, which can be self-destructive. You can be happy, in spite of your present situation or experience. This, I believe is the essence of the third Truth. That is the Truth of Religion, knowing your purpose.




Jeffrey brandt
Author of Close Your Eyes to Find Your Way: A Guide to Discovering Your Higher Self.




All writings here are copyrighted by Jeffrey Brandt. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts. If you enjoy the content of this blog, you can find more by Jeffrey Brandt by visiting Jeffrey Brandt Products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who can comment? Registered users - includes OpenID.